We welcome events at Villa Anugrah. However events are taxing for both the staff and the villa. Via these guidelines, we set the conditions under which VILLA ANUGRAH may be booked for an event to ensure that not only do the guests have a great time but we also protect the Villa and the interests of its owner. Our goal is to help guests and organizers run smooth events. The following guidelines should give you a solid platform to achieving this aim.
VILLA ANUGRAH EVENT GUIDELINES
Area of property Approx 3600m²
What is an event?
We determine an event to be a social gathering or celebration where the total number of guests exceeds double the sleeping capacity of the Villa (in this case in excess of 24 people) or when a significant amount of equipment (such as an external sound system) is brought onto a Villa’s premises. Commercial events (ticketed) are generally not permitted.
Number of guests (main event) : >250 Seated
Maximum guests (second gathering) : Less than main event
Minimum Stay : from 1 night
An event fee is charged by the Villa for an event. The fee for Villa Anugrah is USD 7,000++. (including 1 night accommodation and breakfast for up to 10 pax) The fee covers the main event as defined above plus a smaller second preevent gathering if you have booked the acommodation for two nights or more. The second smaller gathering can only be run between the hours of 9am – 9pm and should not use any external equipment such as a sound system otherwise a supplementary Event Fee will be charged. The Event Fee will be invoiced as part of the Villa Booking.
Note: Check-in time is 09:00am on the day of the event and the check-out time is: 12:00 noon the following day.
If you don’t require the one nights accommodation i.e.) the venue only, the event fee is: USD 5,500++ (all other fees remain the same). For these special bookings, the check-in time is: 09:00am and the check-out time is: 02:00am the following day.
The above applies to event only and one-night stay package is only valid on weekdays.
A Banjar fee of USD 500 net is charged by the local Banjar for the event.
Needless to say, guests want to have a great time and not have to worry about the Villa or contractors providing services. The responsibility for this lies with the Event Organizer.
All events are required to have a qualified Event Organizer (EO) who has been approved by Villa Anugrah before a booking can be confirmed.
VIilla Anugrah has a list of qualified EOs which it will happily provide to guests. The EO should:
• Be onsite for the entire duration of the event including set up, event and clean up. Note our Villa Manager may refuse entry of contractors until the EO is onsite.
• Be onsite at the key times (contractor arrivals, clean up etc) for the second small gathering if applicable.
• Provide at least 2 telephone contact numbers for the duration of the event.
• Provide all staff for function duties including set up, event management and venue clean up.
• Provide catering equipment for the event. Usage of Villa’s kitchen facilities is not included.
• Try to use the local community where possible for entertainment and services such as flower girls, rindik, gamelan etc.
All Event Bookings will be required to submit an Event Plan via the appointed EO at least 45 days prior to the event date. The Event Plan should include: 1. Event Summary 2. Run Sheet 3. Site Plan.
Villa Anugrah will review the Event Plan and provide comments and suggestions no more than 10 days after receiving the Event Plan. Should an Event Plan not be submitted on time, it may result in cancellation of the booking. All events will be subjected to a security deposit of USD 1,500 and returned to the guest/EO pending approval from the Villa Manager after the event. The fee is due at least (14) days before the event. Failure to pay within this period will render your event canceled and you will forfeit all fees paid. If no damage is noted, refunds will generally be done within 7 days of the event, or usually sooner.
As our Villa is in a residential area, guests and event organizers need to be sensitive to the local community (Banjar) and other villas. Therefore we have strict local rules about music and noise.
The rules typically are:
• Live music (band) permitted until 11pm
• DJ / amplified music permitted until 12am
• Reasonable house stereo system permitted after 12am
• The Villa Manager to determine appropriate sound levels at all times on all of the above.
• Sound and lighting equipment must be supplied by EO.
Power, cabling and lighting
In order not to damage the supply and to protect the Villa from fire hazards the guidelines below need to be followed:
• No power is to be drawn from the Villa supply
• A modern generator with minimum 40KVA must be supplied by you.
• Cables must not be dug into lawns
• Cables should try to follow edges of concrete / grass where possible. And should be placed in a conduit wherever possible to minimize electrical hazards. (No bare wires!)
• Cable traps should be laid in high traffic areas or where cables may pose a safety risk
• Electric lanterns are permitted to be hung from trees only if they do not damage the trees
• Lighting must be attached by metal brace and not by hooks and nails.
• Fireworks are permitted with a fee of USD 400 which includes Banjar fee. However, final approval is subject to Banjar approval. Police approval will also be required and is responsibility of EO to secure.
• All candles should have proper candle bases to prevent wax spillage
• At least two fire extinguishers must be provided and staff must be trained to use them.
• Qualified Electrician must be on the premises at all times.
Some events require structures to be built at the villa. Structures can cause considerable long-term damage, especially to lawns and swimming pools.
To minimize the risks of damage the following guidelines are in place:
• Structures such as marquees, service bars, special staging, catering areas, pool platforms, dance floors and DJ booths must be included on the Site Plan for approval
• Marquees should be freestanding wherever possible
• Staging and any platforms should have drop sheets, or covers put down before painting
The main living room is an ideal place to welcome guests to the Villa. It is perfect for welcome drinks but should not be used as an event space. The furniture in this area unfortunately cannot be moved and no external infrastructure can be brought in to this room. The bathrooms in the bedrooms are not recommended for public use and the bedrooms should be locked during the event. There are two bathrooms available for public use (ie not in the bedrooms). EOs are responsible for the cleanliness of these bathrooms during the course of the event.
Floating bamboo and foam structures for candles and flowers are permitted however they should be removed by the EO by midnight or as soon as guests enter pool in order to avoid any damage to the pool.
Kitchens in Villa Anugrah are not permitted to be used during the event and the EOs are responsible to bring in their own food caterers and equipment.
DJ and dance floor can be on the lawn subject to approval by the Villa’s Management. Free standing bars are allowed on the concrete surrounding the pool however EOs are encouraged to use the nook areas adjacent to each side of the main living room. Place mats or covers should be used to protect the surfaces.
The parking area is to be kept free for guests’ arrivals and departures. This means that there is no parking on site for EOs or suppliers. Vehicles are permitted for one-hour period for loading but should be off site at least one hour prior to event.